Initialise as usual
> cd ~/decal_sw > source decal_sw_setup.sh
Compile if needed
> source makes.sh
The data can be backup by running the following script periodically. The data can be backed up to the remote RAL webdav server or a local USB exteranl drive.
- See Trigger_Distribution_fanout_cables.pdf for how to connect USBDAQ to the Trigger Distribution Board. You willo need to connect up the 7-way IDc cable to teh 6-way socket on the Trigger Board and the 4-way + 1-way sockets on the USBDAQ (don't ask, see the diagram below).
- Start an xterm/terminal session
Make sure trigger board is powered up and USB cable connected to computer
Load FrontPanel in FrontPanel directory. The Front Panel loads as pop up.
> cd FrontPanel > ./FrontPanel.bin &
- Download configuration firmware by clicking on left icon on Front Panel (Arrow over single file). This will be greyed out if you have not plugged in the USB cable.
- Open file testbeam.bit [caliceon directory]
- [N.B Do not open old firmware misleadingly titled testbeam_new.bit]
- Check FPGA is complete at the bottom of Front Panel window ("FPGA configuration complete").
- Load Front Panel profile by clicking right icon on Front Panel. (Arrow over two files)
- Open file testbeam.xfp [caliceon directory]
- The old panel will display some lines and a new panel will pop up
- Select positions the trigger should act on by making the corresponding mask Busy.
- The USBDAQS are connected to the trigger board by coloured IDC cables. They plug into the trigger board into sockets numbererd 1 to 8.
- [Busy 1, Not Busy 0]. There are two 'Busy' lines on the Front Panel; the top represents the masks (1=allowed,0=blocked), the bottom the sensors.
- Numbers 8-1 at the bottom of the window control the masks.
- Select the masks for the connected USBDAQS. For the 3 sensor mode shown below they would be 1, 2, 3.
- Line 2 is reported to be dodgy and should be avoided.
- In the 4-port dip switch labelled "MODE", the two centre dip switches (nos. 1 and 2) should be in the down position and the others in the up position. The FrontPanel window will show the "Trig Mode" as green for numbers 1 and 2.
- The counter can be set by clicking on "Count". To clear count click "CLR CN" and click again to restart.
Start the data acquisition software in Tests/src tab.
> cd ~/decal/Cherwell/Tests/src > ./readMultipleSensors.sh <No. Sensors> <Run Number>